Access Statement for Parkfield Cottage.
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Parkfield Cottage is a cosy, quiet cottage situated in the grounds of our house in the picturesque village of Sturminster Marshall near Wimborne. Parkfield cottage sleeps 4 ideally suited for 2 adults and 2 children. The double bedroom is on the ground floor and is accessible from the sitting room. The bathroom is entered through this bedroom. The two children's beds are upstairs in a galleried room above the sitting room.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01258 857804 or mob 07887353118 or email email@example.com.
- A map to find us is available on our website. alternatively we can be found on Google maps postcode BH21 4BT.
- The nearest railway station is Poole 20 minutes drive away. Taxis are availalble from the station. An accessible taxi can be prebooked through Minster Cars on 01202 888888 or 888810.
- Buses leave from Poole bus station a five minute level walk from the train station. The X8 is direct to Sturminster Marshall. The bus stop is 400 metres away from the cottage.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Arrangements for the collection of the key can be arranged when booking. We aim to welcome you in person to our cottage.
- There is off road parking in front of the cottage on our gravel drive.
- The area is lit by a sensor light by the front door of the cottage.
Entrance to Property
- The front door is 860mm (33.5inches) wide and there is one step up into the cottage (200mm)
- There is rear access to the cottage bedroom with a similar size door and step entry from a patio at the side of the cottage.
- The main entrance is lit by a sensor light and the floor covering is gravel outside and carpet inside
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The front door opens into the sitting room. From here is the access to the ground floor double bedroom and also the kitchen, doors to both these rooms are 730mm (28.75inches)
- The children's beds are accessed from the sitting room. A staircase of 3 steps then a turn of 7 steps takes you to the gallery room. There is a handrail on one side of the staircase. There is limited height in this room.
The staircase is carpeted
- The sitting room is compact with two ikea style armchairs and a two seater sofa. There is a brick hearth with a brick fireplace with logburner. There is a widescreen 24inch TV with freeview including subtitles and voice description available. There is also a hi-fi system for CD's and radio with a socket and lead for iphones and MP3/4 players
- There is also a foldout table and chairs in the sitting room for dining
- Lighting in the sitting room is by wall lights
- Dining takes place in the sitting room
- The room has a fold out table and chairs which can be moved around the room
As one of a limited edition of 260 watches, the swiss replica breitling
watch is haunted by the shining gold case with pine green dial, gradually turned into the emerald tone, dial 18K gold standard fake watches
collocation and slender pointer and Barton with a loose green crocodile leather fake watches
watchband, echoing the dial color.
- The kitchen is accessed from the sitting room
- Door width is 730mm (28.75inches)
- The flooring is quarry tiled and all cupboards below a worktop
- There is a microwave sitting on the worktop.
- The cooker is currently gas but will be updated soon and replaced by an electric cooker
- The underworktop fridge also contains a freezer section.
- There is an automatic washer/dryer
- The sink has lever style separate hot and cold taps.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- The double bedroom is on the ground floor accessed from the sitting room - door width 730mm (28.75inches)
- This is a narrow room with limited access around the bed 400mm on one side and 360mm on the other.
- The height of the bed is 290mm and 540mm to the top of the mattress.
- Lighting is by two art deco wall lights on opposite walls
- There is a door 730mm (28.75inches) wide leading to hte bathroom.
- There is also a door leading to the outside patio 730mm(28.75) one step down of 200mm
- Floor is carpeted
- There is a fitted wardrobe and dressing table
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Bathroom accessed from the double bedroom on the ground floor - door width 730mm (28.75inches)
- Low level wc height of 420mm
- Washbasin is a pedestal style 800mm high with Victorian style taps.
- Lighting is a trio of spotlights
- There is a heated towel rail
- The bath has a shower head attached above
- Flooring is vinyl
- From the bedroom there is a door opening onto the private patio
- The patio can also be access from the side of the house across the gravel drive and through a garden gate width 900mm (35inches)
- The door to the garden is 730mm and one step of 200mm down to the patio
- The patio is paved and has a table and 4 chairs and has a portable bbq
- The lawn adjoins the patio on the same level
- Trained assistance dogs are welcome
The cottage is painted in cream and white throughout and carpets of a similar shade.
- There is wifi linked to our main house and the mobile reception is good
- The nearest hospital is in Poole with a A and E department. There is a smaller cottage hospital in Wimborne with a minor injuries unit open Monday to Friday 8.30 -4.30
- There is a village shop about 10 minutes level walk away as are the three village pubs. There is also a pharmacy in the village
- We provide the publication 'Accessibility Guide to Rural Dorset and Christchurch see www.dorsetforyou.com for more information
A new website is being introduced soon including more photos and a virtual tour
- Address (Inc postcode): Parkfield Cottage 1 Parkfield Newton Road Sturminster Marshall Wimborne BH21 4BT
- Telephone: 01258 857804 or mob 07887353118
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.parkfieldcottage.sturminstermarshall.co.uk
- Grid Reference: SY 94467 99855
- Hours Of Operation: All year round
- Local Equipment Hire: Red Cross Christchurch 01202 484074 AAC Wheelchair hire Christchurch 01202 475703 Allmobility Christchurch 01202 474962 S and S Mobility 0800 1975065
- Local Accessible Taxi: Minster Taxis 01202 888888 or 888810 Care car Dorset 01202 895257 mob 07796990936
- Local Public Transport: Wilts and Dorset Bus company - www.wdbus.co.uk General bus information contact Traveline om 08712002233 Minincom Line 08702412216 Damory Buses 01258 452545 (Blandford) Yellow Buses Bournemouth 01202 636060 First (re Jurassic Coastlinx Bus, X53 Service) 087001016022